You already have your vacations and time off planned. Taking a sick day for yourself or to care for a sick child could ruin those plans. With flu upon us, staying healthy is key to keeping those plans.
Here are seven ways to stay in the pink this season:
- Get your flu shot.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches their eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits such as getting plenty of sleep and staying physically active.
Where do I go if I’m sick?
To get vaccinated against the flu, contact your primary care physician. If you do not have a primary care physician, call 864-591-7999 to schedule an appointment with a Medical Group of the Carolinas physician near you.
When coughing and sneezing takes its toll, your family can visit our four Immediate Care Center locations. Simply walk in to see a doctor.
Weekdays: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Weekends: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1200 East Main St., Suite 12, Spartanburg SC 29307
Take a virtual tour of ICC Eastside
151 Peachwood Centre Dr., Spartanburg SC 29301
Take a virtual tour of ICC Westside
3611 Pelham Rd, Greenville SC 29615
Take a virtual tour of ICC Pelham
840 W Floyd Baker Blvd, Gaffney, SC 29341
Take a virtual tour of ICC Gaffney