Meal: Breakfast, Serves: 4, Prep: 15 minutes.
|1 tablespoon||vegetable oil|
|1||shallot, small dice|
|1/2 cup||red pepper, small dice|
|1 cup||kale, shredded|
|4||thick slices multi-grain bread, middle cut out with a medium cookie cutter|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- In a sauté pan, heat oil and add a diced red pepper and a shallot.
- Cook for roughly 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add kale and cook until wilted (remove from pan).
- Place the slice of bread in a separate, non-stick pan.
- Add ¼ cup of vegetables in the center of the bread (where the hole was cut) and arrange appropriately.
- Place the egg over the vegetables.
- Cook until the egg sets and flip to cook sunny side up.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Ready to serve.
For more information on this recipe and healthy cooking, visit cookforyourlife.org/recipes/egg-in-a-hole-with-kale.
Check out spartanburgregional.com/healthy-recipes for more recipes.