A new mammography location makes it easier and more convenient for women in Union County to detect breast cancer in its earliest stages.
The Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health, part of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, opened a satellite mammography location, Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health – Union, located at 407 W. South Street in Union.
“Previously, the only mammography services in the Union community were provided by the Bearden-Josey mobile mammography unit several times a month,” said Mary Mabry, director of Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health. “Now access to mammography services is improved with the new Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health—Union.”
The Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health uses advanced digital mammography that can identify tumors too small to be felt during a physical or self-exam, a vital part of saving lives through early detection. All mammograms performed at any of our locations are read by physicians with specialty training in breast imaging.
Each Bearden-Josey location mirrors the advanced screening techniques and patient-centered philosophy found at the fully accredited Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health located at Spartanburg Medical Center.
Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health Locations:
- Heywood: 475 Heywood Avenue, Spartanburg, SC
- North Grove: 250 North Grove Park Drive, Spartanburg, SC
- Pelham: 250 Westmoreland Road, Greer, SC
- Spartanburg: 101 East Wood Street, Spartanburg, SC
- Westside: 8311 Warren Abernathy Hwy, Spartanburg, SC
- Mobile Mammography Unit: Mammograms provided on the mobile unit are of the same high quality as those provided at any of our other breast imaging locations. Inquire about convenient locations in your community when scheduling.
Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health encourages all women over 40 years of age to receive an annual screening mammogram. If you are at high risk for breast cancer as determined by your health history, talk to your physician about getting screened earlier. Mammography is the key to detecting breast cancer at its earliest stages when it is most treatable.
Call 864-301-2623 to schedule a mammogram today.